viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011

On acting and living like a rockstar

If someone truly knew me they would tell you that in few words, my greatest skill is perhaps acting, standardized tests are a gift, but acting I had to learn. It's actually not all that difficult for me to appear to be someone I'm not and get in character, the problem is that I hate pretending to be someone else.

I've never had a lot of fights in my life, though the ones I've had I have an even record, one I lost, one I won by knock out, one the kid was a wuss and orchestrated a retreat to look like a winner and got only figured out later, and the last real fight I've been in I didn't want to fight because I didn't know what the fuck was happening and I simply avoided the punches and stopped the guy from acting like a fool. So yeah, not the worse record, but that's because I've learned to act since I was a young kid, truth was that back then I didn't know what I know now. Fortunately I changed schools often and if there's one good thing about change is that it offers new starts.

So if I did something wrong in my last act, I'd clean it up for the new one and so on, it's a handy method to be honest, I think everyone does it although I think I do quite well at it, but in the end it's just a disguise to be more comfortable on a daily basis, the truth is that I've lost quite a lot of myself along the way and getting it back its not as easy as I thought.

Lately I just don't really know if the whole act is worth it, I know everyone does it and I know it would help me get a job and blah, blah, blah, but I don't know, I think that it's better to be able to look at myself in the mirror. Anyway, I'm starting to babble right now, and no one really wants that.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario