jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

First day of the rest of my life

So everyone has one of those days, you know the ones when something important happens that you feel changed enough to say whatever the title of this entry says. Some people get these life turning event even twice, some others have them like twice a week whenever they have a slushy.

I quit my job today, it was my first job, and well, while at the beginning was exciting and I was learning awesome stuff, as time passed it became a chore, something dreadful that I didn't want to wake up to and something that I could always use as an excuse to be a jerk. "Oh sorry, I can't go out today, I have work :/". Yeah of course I felt truly bad when saying it, but not because I couldn't go out with said person but because I had to go to work.

I was happy today like I hadn't been since well... since work stopped being fun and started being something I pictured Satan torturing me with for stealing a pack of gum and an AC/DC ring during my "rebel" phase as a teenager.

It's weird, but I was happy today at work, maybe because I knew that it would end in a week from today when the month is over, I couldn't stand the thought of this perpetual underpaid limbo and once I could see the horizon it was like life was bright again.

I don't know what life has in store for me, I mean, life is usually good at shitting in people's faces, but I do know that it's not an eternity of that job, and today I've learned the most wonderful two words ever. I quit. Who would have known that if you didn't like something you could stop doing it? It sounds silly but people do things they don't like, all the time. And I'm serious, watching a parent struggle with a little snotty brat, watching an underpaid store clerk work cause he needs the money, or even those bimbos that marry those old guys that I imagine fall asleep during sex only for their money.

I'm a quitter today, and I'm damn proud of it.

So lesson of the day? Quitting is not for losers, quitting is for people that know they are not happy doing something they don't like. Quitting is for people who want to be happy, or at least not that miserable. Quitting rules!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario